We know a lot of you are worried about the current COVID-19 virus strain that is making its way around the world. You and your families matter to us and we want to let you know that we are taking precautions to help keep all of us safe 🙂
Here are some of the steps we are putting in place to help 🙂
- We are placing hand sanitizer by the entrance to the cafe and next to the register for our guests to use liberally
- Masks are now mandatory (with respect to those that are exempt)
- Markers have been placed on the floors to assist with physical distancing
- Plastic hangings have been placed in both Ladysmith & Nanaimo locations for additional protection
- There is extra soap in the bathroom to allow our guests to easily come in and wash their hands before and after eating if they feel inclined. Better safe than sorry!
- Our staff already practice extra hand washing however we have implemented even more aggressive back of house hand hygiene & cleaning routines
- Our staff will be ensuring extra cleaning of all areas in the dining room as well as counters, chairs, door knobs, bathrooms etc.
- We will be removing the cutlery from the front and personally handing utensils to each guest
- We kindly ask that all dirty dishes are placed in the black bins provided or left on tables to help us maintain the sanitization of the cafes
- At the moment we will not be taking travel mugs from our guests however we have fully compostable paper cups which you can feel confident are eco-friendly
What You Can Do!
Our staff know that if they feel any symptoms of any sickness coming on that they can easily let management know they won’t make it in. As we encourage our staff to look after their health and wellness first we also ask that our wonderful patrons refrain from coming to the cafe if they are experiencing similar flu-like symptoms.
- Thoroughly wash your hands regularly especially after going to the bathroom, before eating, and after blowing your nose, coughing, or sneezing.
- Scrub your hands for at least 20 seconds using soap and hot water.
- As much as possible, avoid touching your mouth, nose and eyes.
- If you find yourself sneezing or coughing, please do it into a tissue or your elbow. Please then wash your hands.
❤️ Together we can help each other stay safe & healthy❤️